Roselle Community Overview
Roselle, a town of about 23,000, is located 25 miles northwest of downtown Chicago. It is primarily residential, with a downtown area that has been undergoing renovation.
Recreational opportunities include the programs of the Roselle Park District. Seven public schools are located within the town’s borders. School children attend Lake Park High School District 108 and Elementary School Districts 11, 12, 20, and 54. (See below for details on schools).
Transportation needs are served by area highways ((Eisenhower Expwy. – I-290, Tri-State (I-294), North/South Tollway (I-355), I-290)) and major local roads (Irving Park Rd., Roselle Rd). Commuter service to downtown is provided by Metra on the Milwaukee District Western (MD-W) line. Local bus service is available from PACE. The RTA Travel Info. Number is 1-800-972-7000. Metra has schedule and ticket information online.
- Village of Roselle 630-980-2000.
- NICOR: 1-888-642-6748.
- Ameritech (Phone): 1-800-244-4444.
- Commonwealth Edison: 1-800-334-7661
- Fire Dept. For emergencies, 911. Otherwise, 630-980-2043.Police Dept.: 911 for emergencies or 630-980-2025.
- Roselle Public Library: 40 S. Park, 630-529-1641.
- Central DuPage Hospital: 630-682-1600
- Glen Oaks Medical Center: 630-858-9700
- Good Samaritan Hospital: 630-963-5900
- Memorial Hospital (Elmhurst): 630-833-1400
- DuPage Homeownership Center. 1333 N. Main St. Wheaton IL 60187. 630-260-2505. Credit Counseling, Home-buying Classes & Information, DuPage Homestead Program (affordable loan & home buying education program for families who meet income requirements and wish to purchase a home in DuPage County).
School InformationIllinois State Board of Education provides key statistics, student information, teacher information, school district finances, and student academic performance.
- Lake Park Community High School District 108Medinah School District 11Medinah Middle School. 630-893-3838.Medinah Intermediate School. 630-529-6105.
- Medinah Primary School. 630-529-9788.
- Schaumburg School District 54 District Schools (Roselle grade school only):
- Jane Addams Junior High. 847-307-2110.
- Robert Frost Junior High. 847-307-2120.
- Helen Keller Junior High. 847-885-6530.
- Eisenhower Junior High. 847-885-6760.
- Mead Junior High. 847-307-2100.
- Frederick Nerge Elementary. 630-307-2145.
Roselle School District 12
- Roselle Middle School. 630-529-1600.
- Spring Hills Elementary. 630-529-1883.
Keeneyville School District 20
- Springwood Junior High. 630-893-8900.
- Waterbury Elementary. 630-893-8180.
Additional school information for Roselle can be found on our Roselle School Informationpage.
Child Care Centers & PreschoolsEditor’s Note: Tuition quoted is the weekly rate for full-time care. Codes in parenthesis: I for Infant, T for Toddler, 2 for Age 2, P for Preschool (Ages 2-5 or 3-5), K for Kindergarten, SA for school-age. For part-time preschool programs (2, 3, or 5 mornings or afternoons per week), the tuition quoted is monthly, with 2x, 3x, or 5x in parenthesis to indicate the number of days per week for each program. Child Care and Preschool information comes directly from the centers and preschools, by phone and/or mail. While we make a reasonable effort to maintain accuracy, we don’t guarantee that all information is correct. For any categories that are blank, please call the center for that information.
- Cornucopia Learning Center10 S. Spring St.630-980-91882 to 126:30 – 6:30$21/day (full-day) $17/day (half-day)Roselle United Methodist Preschool206 S. Rush St.630-529-139953-69:00 – 3:30$88 (2x), $108 (3x)
- Children’s World1080 W. Lake St.630-351-88206 weeks to 126:30 -6:00$163 (I), $148 (T), $130 (2), $125 (P)
- Trinity Child Care Center575 Rush St.630-894-39706 weeks to 56:30 -6:00 Children’s World925 Nerge Rd.630-980-10416 weeks to 126:30 -6:00$125 (P)
Editor’s Note: Recreation Information is obtained from the recreation program’s brochures or catalogs (Park District, YMCA, etc.).RecreationRoselle Park District555 W. Bryn MawrRoselle, IL 60172630-894-8050
Equipment/Physical Features: Fitness Center, Outdoor Playground(s), Computer(s), Handicapped Accessible, Gym(s), Swimming Pool(s), Tennis Court(s), Track, Ice Rink(s), Sports Fields.Parent/Tot & Children’s Classes/Leagues/Camps: Fitness, Arts & Crafts, Music, Reading/Stories, Soccer, Gymnastics, Dance, First Aid for Little People (6-8 years), Cooking, Babysitting, Cheerleading, Pom Pons, Self-Care (Red Cross), Sign Language, Chorus, Science & Nature, Keyboards, Ballet, Volleyball, Basketball, Ice Skating, Bridge, Softball, Tennis, Piano, Karate, Skiing.Adult Classes/Leagues/Activities: Fitness, Sign Language, Keyboards, Ice Skating, First Aid, Dance, Bridge, Pet Obedience Training, Arts & Crafts, Computer, Cooking, Investing, Golf, Gardening, Landscaping, Fashion, Calligraphy, Basketball, Volleyball, Softball, Piano, Karate, Women’s Self-Defense.Senior Adult Classes/Clubs/Services/Programs: Fitness, Pinochle, Canasta, Men’s Group, Women’s Group, Keyboards.Special Needs: Physically Handicapped, Developmentally Delayed, Hearing-Impaired, Sight-Impaired. Additional Services provided through the Northeast DuPage Special Recreation District (NEDSRA), 620-4500.Special Services: Adapted Materials, Adapted Equipment.Other Services: Child Care (while parents attend district programs), Preschool, Summer Day Camp, Spring Break Camp.